When plants grow naturally, they start by developing roots that attach to the soil to obtain nutrients. The more developed the roots system of the plant, the healthier the plant. Roots are not only useful in plants for support, but they are also important parts of the transport system. If your plant’s roots need some help along the way, finding the best root stimulator can make a huge difference.
Root stimulators are substances that help to ensure proper root development. Most of them contain hormones that are similar to the ones produced naturally by plants, which is why they are organic. Stimulators help in the proper and rapid growth of the roots and also prevent the roots from attack, shock, and stress.
To assist you in finding the best root stimulator for plants, we have reviewed common plant stimulators that work well at a budget friendly price.
This site is supported by its readers: We may receive a commission for items purchased through links.
If you are a lover of organic products and protecting your plant against pests, then the Garden Safe Rooting Hormone is one product you should consider. This plant hormone will make your plant cuttings grow naturally as it is made of indole-3-butyric acid. That same acid is present naturally in plants and enhances growth. Garden safe rooting hormone will help you grow new plants from cuttings. Just cut and moisture, then stir your cutting with this hormone and plant it.
This product will also protect your garden plants from pests and make them grow in any environment.
Being made from organic substances, these product does not add chemicals to the soil
- Weight: 2.88 Ounces
- Dimension: 2.19 X 2.19 X 3 inches
- Product from united industries
- Active ingredient: indole-3-butyric acid
- Product form: powder
- This product comes ready to use
- The product is easy to use
- The product is organic
- The product works well with a variety of garden plant
- The product is ecologically friendly
- It is powdery, hence the grower needs gloves and masks when applying it.
- This product may cause eye irritation and prolonged contact can cause skin irritation safety is more important with this.
This root stimulator will help your plant to develop roots at a very early stage and enhance good root development. It also aids in the proper development of roots after transplanting to help the plant overcome transplanting shock.
This product is made with indole Butyric Acid, and it is good for both annual and perennial plants, shrubs, trees, and roses. To apply this stimulator, mix three to four teaspoons with a gallon of water, then soak the soil with it. This product is not to be used for edible plants.
- Product is from Arett sales – LG
- Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Dimension: 2.5 X 4.5 X 8 inches
- Active ingredient: indole Butyric Acid
- Produced for: Annual plants and perennial plants
- Package: Comes in a gallon
- Form: Liquid
- It is in liquid form
- It helps in the early development of plants
- It can be used for both annual and perennial plants.
- It is easy to apply
- It is very good in preventing transplanting shock
- It cannot be used for treating edible plants
- It contains some inorganic chemicals
Is it time for transplanting? Use Bonide 412 Root N’ Grow stimulator.
This product is very good for transplanting. It helps your just plant develop roots quickly and healthily. Bonide 412 Root N’ Grow stimulator 1-Quart, 1 pt is also good for stimulating root growth in seedlings and young plants. It can be used for fruits, vegetables, berries, flowers, and ornamentals. You can also apply it on trees, shrubs and house plants.
This product contains indole 3-butyric acid but also contains nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, hence it can serve very well as a fertilizer, supplying essential nutrients to your plant.
Dilute with water and simply apply by pouring diluted form of the stimulator on the soil and around the root. The product is also from a trusted name in the industry.
- product is from Bonide
- Active ingredient: indole 3 butyric acid
- Weight: 2.3 pounds
- Dimension: 5 X 2 X 8 inches
- Product Form: Liquid
- Packaging: Comes in a gallon.
- It is very good for seedling and transplanting
- It contains essential vitamin for the root growth
- It is easy to apply, you can dilute the liquid and just apply it.
- It helps in the early development of plant
- It comes in a liquid form
- Cannot be used on cuttings
- It is more expensive than many other products
- It cannot be used on edible crops.
By building the roots, you are building the foundation of your plant. You are ensuring that every nutrient present in the soil and those that you applied are effectively taken up and distributed throughout the plant. That is why Growth Science Organic Root Magic is essential.
Growth Science Organic Root Magic helps to fertilize the soil by stimulating the soil microorganisms to release organic substances and nutrients. This action ensures that the soil is fertilized without the addition of chemical substances.
This product is good for the rapid development of root mass and initiation of bud sites. It uses aloe vera to produce compounds that add moisture and nutrients to the soil and enhances the root vitality and proper growth of your plant.
- The product is from Growth Science.
- Weight: 10.03 ounces
- Dimension: 6 X 6 X 11.8 inches
- Product form: Liquid
- The product comes in a gallon.
- It is in liquid form so the problem with the powder form will go away
- It is easy to use, because it is in liquid form it can be easily utilized
- It works well in developing healthy roots
- It has shown proven results for rapid development of root mass and initiation of bud sites
- Cannot be stored after dilution
- After the application it could take over 4 weeks before you see results
Whether you want to prevent transplant shock or reduce heat/cold induced stress, this product will serve both purposes. It is particularly good for cactus and succulent plants. Super Charged Moon Juice Tree and Plant Root Stimulator is also good for all kinds of trees. This product will guarantee your tree or plant a healthy root and invariably a healthy growth.
It is recommended that you apply every month for the best result.
- Product is from Moon Valley Nurseries
- Product Form: Liquid
- The product comes in a gallon.
- It works well to develop the root system in all types of trees.
- It comes in a liquid form.
- It is good for preventing transplant shock.
- This product is not expensive as compared to many other brands in the market.
- It relieves stress due to heat and cold.
- It can stain other materials.
- It cannot be used on edible plants.
Finding the Best Root Stimulator for Plants
There are many root stimulators in the market today. They come in different forms and packaging. Some are powdery in form, some are liquids, and others are gel. The best root stimulators encourage proper root growth without harming the soil. They contain the same chemicals that the plant produces naturally. Some stimulators also come with essential nutrients for general plant growth. They, therefore, serve both as root stimulators and fertilizers.
Finding the best root stimulator for plants may be difficult, not because they aren’t available, but because there are too many varieties.
- You must consider the kind of plant you want to use it for as some stimulators are only good for trees while some are good for vegetables.
- Some stimulators are dangerous to edible plants while some work well with all kinds of plants.
- When finding the best root stimulator for plants, you must also consider the specific function you need the stimulator for. Whether you need it to grow your cuttings, or it is for seedlings or transplanting.
- You may as well just need it for proper root development of your plant.
- Cost is another factor that you must consider critically before you select your root stimulator.
- The product you chose must be able to give you value at a very good price.
Best for Cuttings
Garden Safe Rooting Hormone is ideal for helping cuttings grow roots. It will also ensure that your plants develop without harming the soil as the product is organic, made from indole – 3 – butyric acid. It is also very easy to use and it works very well for all cuttings. This product can also be used on edible crops and protects plants from pests.
Best for Transplanting
Fertilome 10645 root stimulator and plant starter solution will help to prevent shock due to transplanting and help the roots of your newly transplanted plant to develop properly. This product is also good for seedlings, annuals, and perennials. It is organic and will therefore not add chemicals to the soil.
Best for Trees
If you are looking for the best root stimulator for plants, the plant type is important. For trees like cactuses, palm trees, and citrus trees, then Super Charged Moon Juice Tree and Plant Stimulator should be your first choice. This product will also reduce stress due to heat and cold. If you apply it to your tree every month, it will do wonders.
Best Root Stimulator For Plants – FAQ
Question: Are root stimulators safe for all plants?
Answer: No. Some are not safe for plants that you want to consume. You must confirm that the root stimulator that you want to buy is safe for the plant you want to use it for.
Question: Will a root stimulator work for all plants?
Answer: No, different stimulators work well for different kinds of plants. you must read the instructions before you buy.
Question: Can I add fertilizer to a root stimulator?
Answer: Yes, you can add fertilizer to many root stimulators before applying it.
Question: Are root stimulators dangerous to the soil?
Answer: Most root stimulators are organic, hence they are not dangerous to the soil
Question: Can root stimulators develop roots from cuttings?
Answer: There are many root stimulators that can help root grow easily from cuttings, but not all root stimulators are good for this. You must confirm that the stimulator you are buying helps cuttings if that is the reason you are buying it.
Root development is an essential part of plant growth and every plant grower must take it seriously. To improve root growth, root stimulators should be applied. The stimulators help to ensure roots grow properly, prevent predators and pests, and add nutrients to the soil. Some stimulators help to prevent shock due to transplanting while some reduce stress due to heat or cold.
Stimulators can be in liquid, powdery, or gel form with different modes and applications. Some stimulators work well for all plants while some support only trees and some are majorly for seedlings.
Not all stimulators are safe for edible crops, and not all are even safe for the gardener to apply without gloves and masks. While some are organic some are chemical. It is, therefore, necessary to consider all important factors before you purchase your stimulator. But with the above review, you can certainly get assistance in finding the best root stimulator for your plants.